Josephine County Commissioner Lily Morgan running for House District 3

Lily Morgan: a leader with experience as a Josephine County Commissioner and Grants Pass City Councilor with a career in public safety in Josephine County.

Grants Pass – Josephine County Commissioner Lily Moran is running to succeed State Representative Carl Wilson (R-Grants Pass) in the May Republican Primary. Commissioner Morgan filed in March and has been assembling her campaign team and mobilizing her supporters.

“After serving on the Grants Pass City Council and as a County Commissioner, I’ve come to learn that regardless of how well we manage our affairs at the local level, it’s often barriers at the state level that hold us back,” said Morgan. “I want to change that.

“I’m running to stand up for Southern Oregon and advocate for what we need: a state that respects our right to have an economy, greater use of our natural resources to create jobs, and lower taxes and regulation,” Morgan said.

A graduate of Grants Pass High School, Commissioner Morgan holds a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Seattle Pacific University and a master’s degree in Management from Southern Oregon University. She has spent a career as a 911 dispatcher, reserve sheriff’s deputy and parole officer, all in Josephine County.

Commissioner Morgan is currently assigned as the liaison to the county’s Public Health and Emergency Management departments and was previously the liaison to Business Oregon. Through these roles she is helping lead Josephine County’s response to the COVID-19 public health crisis and working with her fellow commissioners to coordinate with federal, state and other local authorities and local businesses.

“These are difficult times,” said Commissioner Morgan. “We need leadership with real-world experience dealing with complex public policy and management issues. That’s what I bring to this race and I hope to apply my experience in the Legislature on behalf of the citizens of House District 3.”